Mission MahaGram : A Covid 19 Response Initiative for Rural Maharashtra 2021-2022
Village Social Transformation Foundation launched Mission MahaGram, a Covid-19 response initiative for rural Maharashtra with the generous support of development partners.
Donation in Kind
- The VSTF appeals to various development agencies, partners, philanthropist, charitable trusts and Civil Socitey Organisations to support verified demand.
- Donation in kind could be medical equipments, protections gears, Oxygen generation plants, Oxygen concentrators, cylinders, Ventilators, Oxygen Beds, Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure ( Bipaps ) machines, Mobile Testing Van, Medical Ambulance,Testing kits, Sanitation and Hygiene kits, sanitatry kits, ration kits for the institutions and families that are in need .
Donation of Funds to VSTF
- VSTF is special Purpose special purpose vehicle of Government of Mahararashtra to advance development goals at Gram Panchayat level.
- VSTF is working closely with various development institutions and partners and appeal them to support medical equipments, protections gears, Oxygen generation plants, Oxygen concentrators and cylinders, Ventilators, Oxygen Beds and Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure ( Bipaps) machines, Mobile Testing Van, Medical Ambulance,Testing kits, Sanitation and Hygiene kits, sanitatry kits, ration kits, and vaccination drives in rural Maharashtra
Knowlede Partnerships to raise awareness
- VSTF appeals to the institions to develop and support various knowledge products, audio- visual documents to raise awarness among rural community on COVID-19 as preventive measure, social behavior and change communication and to developed costed village wise Risk communication and community engagement plans and products that could be used for information, education and communication in rural Maharashtra
Donation to CM Relief Fund & Disaster Management Fund
- VSTF appeals to all development agencies and private sectors for thier generous support through donations to the Hon. Chief Minister's Relief Fund and the State Disaster Management Fund to fight against COVID-19.
VSTF Work in 2020-2021
- Risk communication and community engagement: Survey of 2555 Individuals (Gram panchayat members, Teachers, SHG members).
- Awareness through Digital platforms : Reached to 3.4 lakh people by creating awareness on early diagnosis and referral, s elf hygiene practices, social distancing and respiratory etiquettes.
- Knowledge Dissemination: Dissemination of Covid related information to 70,000 individuals through Workshops on Community Preparedness Against Covid and Celebration of International days like Water day, Toilet Day, Hand wash Day.
- Covid Impact Assessment : Study of around rural 1500 individuals of 282 Gram Panchayats on their Livelihood and Socio economic Changes.
- Training of Field Functionary: Rural Development Fellows and District Executives were trained to work on different aspects related to Covid 19 through various development agencies.
- Involvement in Village Level Activities: Distribution of Masks, Sanitizers in 862 villages and participation VSTF field staff in awareness activities of local administration.